[arvados-dev] Projects in Arvados API

Tom Morris tfmorris at curoverse.com
Mon Jul 24 10:52:05 EDT 2017

Hi Tom.

That's a documentation shortcoming.

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 6:46 AM, Albrecht, Tom <tom.albrecht at roche.com>
wrote:

> I have another question regarding the Arvados API: In the Arvados
> Workbench, collections can be organized in "Projects". I do not see any
> reference to this in the Arvados Rest API.

Projects are implemented as Groups with a type of "project", although
that's not very clear from the documentation.

> If the API does know about the projects, how can you query the projects
> and their contents directly using the API?

You could use something like this to get the first 1000 subprojects of a
project (or top level projects of a user if you use a -tpzed- UUID for
parent):

groups =
api.groups().list(filters=[['owner_uuid','=',parent]],limit=1000).execute().items()

--
Tom Morris
Director, Product Management