[arvados] Running Lightning on Arvados

Tom Morris tfmorris at curoverse.com
Mon Aug 22 17:47:34 EDT 2016

Quoting  <tesmai4 at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> New to the mailing list.

Welcome!

> I have configured a local Arvados instance. I want to run lightning on this
> instance. Is there any documentation/help available?

I'm afraid that the current Lightning implementation isn't integrated
into Arvados.

> How are the pipelines added to the Arvods jobs. Are these pipelines
> equivalent to docker containers or are these different than docker
> container?

Jobs are run from pipeline instances which are created from pipeline
templates instantiated with some parameters. The definition for a job
includes both a Docker image and a command to run in a container
running that image. There's a bunch of documentation available at
http://doc.arvados.org/ (although concept level stuff might not be its
strongest suit).

Does that help? Please ask any followup questions which come to mind
either here or on our IRC channel.

Tom