[GET-dev] Re: Getting to the bottom of which variant one is looking at ?

Leon Peshkin peshkin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:28:05 EDT 2012

Hi Madeleine,
   thanks for getting back to me on this. My main issue remains - I do not
know what it means exactly when I see that a given genome has "Allele
frequency of 18%" of  rs4646 , and in turn of "WNT11  R666K".
In case of dbSNP it is not clear at all which of possibilities is found in
the genome in what fraction,
in case of GET-e encoding, it is clear that  the variant in question is "K"
instead of "R" in the reference genome, but can I conclude that there are
18% of reads supporting "K" and the remaining 82% support "R" or am I
completely lost ?
So at least in dbSNP case, not clear which variant the individual is
carrying of all possible variants and whether a given publication implies
that this rs4646 implies that phenotype is more likely or respectively less
likely...

 -Leon

Finally, is there a way to include all the info you describe below (which
strand, which nucleotide etc) on the gene page somewhere as "auxiliary" it
would be very helpful  ?