[GET-dev] Anybody see this before?: bitset module not found

Madeleine Price Ball meprice at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:54:12 EDT 2010

In the installation, to get the trait-o-matic server working you should be
running install.sh. In my installation this is in
get-evidence/server/scripts/, and it contains the line:
(cd $CORE ; python setup.py build_ext --inplace)

Assuming $CORE wasn't messed up, this is supposed to build the .so files in
"utils" bitset.so and _twobit.so

These are supposed to be built by you and not installed because they're
32-bit/64-bit specific (I bet there's a computer word for this I don't
know). I initially screwed up my import of Trait-o-matic code into
GET-Evidence by including them, I later "git rm"d them so they should be
gone now... I don't think this is your issue because your error would be a
64-bit or 32-bit issue, not "missing file".

Possibly your $CORE variable isn't getting interpreted correctly by
install.sh? Maybe you fixed it but didn't run install.sh again?

You can fix it by cd'ing to the get-evidence/server directory and running
the command "python setup.py build_ext --inplace" yourself. But it'd be nice
to know why the install script didn't work, maybe I screwed something up,
I'm learning as I go.