[arvados-dev] Workbench test helpers

Brett Smith brett at curoverse.com
Fri Oct 17 08:44:19 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know that I added a couple of utility
functions to the Workbench test helpers. I hope this will lower the
barriers to writing more unit and functional tests for Workbench in the
future.

  * |api_fixture| now takes an optional list of keys to follow from the
    object before returning it. Now instead of saying
    |api_fixture("collections")["foo_file"]["name"]|, you can just say
    |api_fixture("collections", "foo_file", "name")|. Not a huge
    difference, but it makes for nicer whitespace and less typing.
  * There's a new method |find_fixture|. Call it with a class and
    fixture name, like |find_fixture(User, "active")|. That will return
    the result of calling |User.find| with the active user fixture's UUID.

Hope this helps,

--
Brett Smith