[arvados-dev] Skydock: Automagic Service Discovery for Docker

Tim Pierce twp at curoverse.com
Mon Feb 10 17:12:34 EST 2014

Learned about this on the #docker IRC channel:

https://github.com/crosbymichael/skydock

"Skydock monitors docker events when containers start, stop, die, kill, etc
and inserts records into a dynamic DNS server skydns. This allows standard
DNS queries for services running inside docker containers. Because lets
face it, if you have to modify your application code to work with other
service discovery solutions you might as well just give up. DNS just works
and it works well."

I don't think we have the bandwidth to pursue this right at this moment,
but it might help solve some of our service discovery headaches that have
made docker adoption a little thorny.