[arvados] Help on Login of Arvados Workbench.

Brett Smith brett at curoverse.com
Fri May 27 10:37:20 EDT 2016

On 05/27/2016 04:56 AM, Pang Long wrote:

>     Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm sorry to reply to you so lately.
>     Your suggestion help me fix that problem. The IP address was wrong
> in /etc/hosts.
>     But there is a new problem.
>     on VM2, the following error is reported in
> /var/www/arvados-api/shared/log/production.log:
> Faraday::Error::ConnectionFailed (SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0
> state=unknown state: certificate verify failed):
>   app/middlewares/arvados_api_token.rb:59:in `call'
>
>     Is it due to my self-signed certificate?

Long,

That’s the most likely explanation, yes. You can configure the API
server to accept the self-signed certificate by setting |sso_insecure:
true| in the appropriate section of your API server’s |application.yml|.

When you set up Workbench, if your API server also has a self-signed
certificate, you’ll similarly need to set |arvados_insecure_https: true|
in Workbench’s |application.yml|.

Hope this helps,

​