[GET-dev] Feature ideas

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Feb 15 11:53:36 EST 2011

Hi Evan,

   > Hi, I am a rotation student in Dr. Church's lab working on the
   > GET- Evidence site until June of this year. I currently have my
   > own fork of the site running at emaxwell.freelogy.org. I just
   > wanted to introduce myself to everyone and see if there are any
   > suggestions for useful features that I could add.

I've been wondering the same thing; I think I'd enjoy spending more
time working on get-evidence if I knew what needed doing.  There used
to be a bugtracker at https://trac.scalablecomputingexperts.com/, but
it looks like folks stopped using it last year sometime.

Has anyone considered using github's bugtracker for get-evidence?
It'd be extremely discoverable for people looking at the source, and
it has good code integration.  It's not open source, which makes it
inferior to Trac in that regard, but they do at least allow you to
download all of your bug data so that there isn't any lock-in, see:

http://develop.github.com/p/issues.html
https://github.com/api/v2/xml/issues/list/ether/pad/open # XML

- Chris.
--