[GET-Editors] questions on editing

Barbara Ruef bjruef at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:06:01 EDT 2011

Hi fellow list members,

I had a few quick questions regarding variant impact scores and how useful
an editor is if they mostly add publications and summaries.

I have to admit, I'm a bit cautious about adding variant evidence and
clinical importance data. Does everything edited by someone outside the main
research group get reviewed to make sure that nothing incorrect was added? I
wouldn't add information without evidence from the literature, but I guess
I'm worried about having something incorrectly ranked due to a mistake in my
editing.

Secondary to my above concern, is it still helpful to have someone doing
some editing (on their lunchbreak at work, in my case) if they only
contribute by adding publications and doing some annotation using bionotate?

Thanks, in advance, for any feedback.
Barbara